Part-Time and Full-Time Nationwide Career Opportunities for Board-Certified or Board-Eligible Cardiologists
Why Join CVCA?
Since 1987, CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets has been offering board-certified veterinary cardiology services to more than 20,000 clients per year – more than any other cardiology practice worldwide — with 99% of our clients recommending us to family and friends.
Who We Are
|Our humble beginnings as an independently owned company, where you work directly with ownership and the senior management team, started in a single location in a strip mall in 1987. Our dedication to high-level care and service allowed us to grow into the nation’s largest veterinary cardiology group.|
CVCA is a value-driven, independently owned organization, committed to an exceptional work environment. Our culture is unsurpassed in the veterinary industry. Every CVCA member supports one another and is committed to offering optimal patient care, providing superior services to our referring veterinarians, and collaborating with our associated services departments.
Benefits of Joining CVCA
- Independently owned and operated
- Strength in numbers: 18 cardiologists, 6 residents, 14 locations
- Growth opportunities
- Work-life Balance:
- 4-day or fewer work week
- Weekends and holidays off
- Flexibility in scheduling
- On-Call phone support only
- Generous vacation time and coverage so you can truly be gone and relax
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- All CVCA teams, including leadership and marketing, support each doctor to ensure their success
- Tools to maintain academic standards including a weekly journal club and case rounds
- Option to provide didactic instruction of our residents. CVCA is an ACVIM approved residency program
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Expertise of our cardiologists is supported by Philips Epiq 5 echocardiography units, cath lab, and digital radiography
- Team collaboration of cardiologists on systems and processes selected by our cardiologists to fit their needs
- Option to be involved in interventional procedures
- Participation in research and studies
Compensation and Benefits
- High-production compensation: A CVCA salary is well above industry standard, in production each year, rather than a one-time large signing bonus
- Great benefits: Health, HRA, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long term disability, 401(k), Life Insurance, CE, Professional Allowance and more
CVCA sites are located within multidisciplinary specialty and emergency practices, allowing for collaborative and optimal care of patients with the support of board-certified criticalists, oncologists, internists, surgeons, neurologists, and ophthalmologists among other specialists.
Relationships with Referral Community and Clients
- Our 30+ years of history have allowed us to develop strong partnerships with primary care veterinarians resulting in an exceptional culture of referral in established locations and continue this cooperation as we grow to new locations.
- Our clientele is committed to offering the highest level of care to their pets.
- CVCA actively contributes to our communities through educational programs, volunteer efforts and the support of local organizations.
Nationwide Opportunities for Board-Certified or Board-Eligible Cardiologists
CVCA is hiring in current locations and expanding to new markets throughout the U.S. We are bringing our exceptional work environment and high level of cardiac care to new regions:
- and more.
Don’t see your desired location listed? Contact us for other nationwide opportunities. Our national expansion is people driven and we are happy to match the right person with the right location. We seek individuals who deliver exceptional medical care and service and the desire to be part of a value-driven organization with an outstanding culture.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- DVM/VMD or equivalent degree.
- Residency trained in veterinary cardiology with board eligibility or certification.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to form and maintain strong collaborative relationships with referring. veterinarians and specialists.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Letter of Intent
Katie Newbold, CVCA CEO
More From Our Team Members
|“I love the fun atmosphere and the camaraderie that is seen at CVCA.”|
|“One thing that I truly LOVE about CVCA is the never-ending support that comes from the entire CVCA team.”|
|“I think what I love most about CVCA is the respect for equality in all areas of our positions, as well as the dedication of admin and staff to uphold our core values. Of all the positions I have held, my role here at CVCA makes me feel validated, important and overall proud of what I do every day.”|
Our people love it here. Come see why!