Career Opportunities for Cardiologists (Part-Time & Full-Time)
Why Join CVCA?
CVCA is owned and operated by board-certified cardiologists.
Be successful at work, have fun, and maintain an outstanding quality of life. CVCA provides an excellent work environment for cardiologists and support staff. We put our people first.
What Our Team Members Are Saying
|“One thing that I truly LOVE about CVCA is the never-ending support that comes from the entire CVCA team. A wonderful, caring and dedicated group of people.”|
|“I feel respected by all my coworkers and our administrative team. CVCA treats their employees with respect and makes everyone feel important.”|
Who Are We
From our humble beginnings as a single location in a strip mall in 1987, our dedication to a high level of care and service has allowed us to grow into the nation’s largest veterinary cardiology group with 18 board-certified cardiologists and 5 residents in 13 full-service locations. We pride ourselves on ensuring an excellent quality of life to all team members. We work every day to maintain our exceptional reputation in the mid-Atlantic region and now, nationwide. We are independently owned, meaning you work directly with ownership and the senior management team. We work with each doctor to ensure their success, encourage collaboration and seek new ideas to improve the company.
Excellent Culture and Work Environment
Our culture is unsurpassed in the veterinary industry. Every member of CVCA is committed to offering optimal patient care and superior services to our referring veterinarians and associated departments.
CVCA is a value-driven organization and we are committed to an exceptional work environment with team members dedicated to personal and organizational development.
- Our Focus: excellence, continuous improvement and fun.
- Exceptional Culture: allows CVCA to retain all of our doctors throughout our long history.
- Doctors Enjoy: 4-day work week or less, weekends and holidays off, ample vacation time, flexibility in scheduling and share infrequent on call (phone support) to minimize disruptions in personal activities.
- Resident Retention: all of CVCA’s residents have chosen to remain with the company as associates.
- Compassion and Respect: Our team members and cardiologists make us great, and we know it!
- Employee recognition and appreciation.
- Service Oriented: 99.9% of our clients would recommend us to friends and family.
- We are run by and for our team. Your voice, opinions, and ideas are of utmost importance for our continued improvement.
- 4-day or less work weeks with weekends and holidays off.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Infrequent on call (phone support).
- Ample vacation time and coverage so you can truly be gone and relax!
- Personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Strength in Numbers: over 21,000 visits/year, 18 cardiologists, 6 residents, and 13 locations.
- Collaboration with residents, other cardiologists, specialists and primary care veterinarians.
- Ability to be involved in interventional procedures if you want, or not, if you don’t.
- Ability to train residents for those interested.
- State of the art equipment, systems, and processes selected by our cardiologists to fit their needs.
- High production compensation.
- Great Benefits: Health, HRA, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Life Insurance, CE, Professional Allowance and more.
Collaborative, Expert Care
Our group of 18 board-certified cardiologists and 6 residents allow for a team approach to complicated cases and ample time off to support interests outside of veterinary medicine. CVCA is an ACVIM approved residency training program. We strive to maintain academic standards with weekly journal and case rounds as well as didactic instruction of our residents.
All 13 of CVCA sites are located within a multidisciplinary specialty and emergency practices, allowing for a collaborative and optimal care of patients with the support of board-certified criticallists, oncologists, internists, surgeons, neurologists, and ophthalmologists among other specialists. The expertise of our cardiologists is supported by Philips Epiq 5 echocardiography units, cath lab, and digital radiography.
Relationships with Referral Community and Clients
With a 30-year history of strong partnerships with primary care veterinarians, CVCA enjoys an exceptional culture of referral. Our clientele is committed to offering the highest level of care to their pets. CVCA actively contributes to our communities through educational programs, volunteer efforts, and support of local organizations. Our leadership and marketing teams partner with each doctor to ensure their success.
CVCA is expanding our team of cardiologists to new markets throughout the U.S. We are bringing our exceptional work environment and high level of cardiac care to new regions. We have immediate openings for board-certified OR board eligible cardiologists in:
- Austin, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Fairfax County, VA — (14+ miles to Washington, DC)
- Frederick, MD
- Montgomery County, MD — (28+ miles to Washington, DC)
- San Diego, CA
- and other Regions.
Don’t see your desired location listed? Contact us for other nationwide opportunities. We seek individuals who deliver exceptional medical care and service and who desire to be part of a values-driven organization with an outstanding culture. Our national expansion is people driven, and we are happy to match the right person with the right location.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- DVM/VMD or equivalent degree.
- Residency trained in veterinary cardiology with board eligibility or certification.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to form and maintain strong collaborative relationships with referring. veterinarians and specialists.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Letter of Intent
Katie Newbold, CVCA CEO
More From Our Team Members
|“I am happy to be part of a team where every member’s voice is heard, where we take time to evaluate how we can improve our company and offices through regular meetings, and where we do our best to maintain a positive attitude throughout the day.”|
|“I love how we all work together to give the best customer service possible, as well as having the freedom to run the day of appointments and be able to do your own workflow.”|
|“I think what I love most about CVCA is the respect for equality in all areas of our positions, as well as the dedication of admin and staff to uphold our core values. Of all the positions I have held, my role here at CVCA makes me feel validated, important and overall proud of what I do every day.”|
Our people love it here. Come see why!