Heart Murmur in Dogs
Home » Heart Murmur in Dogs
How do I find out what is wrong with my pet?
- An echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) by a board certified veterinary cardiologist is the gold standard for definitive diagnosis.
- Veterinary cardiologists are experts in heart mumurs and other heartdisease and have 4 years of training beyond veterinary college including a series of exams to become board-certified.
- At CVCA, you are with your pet during the entire visit while we non-invasively diagnose your pet’s condition and tailor the treatment specifically to your pet and family.
What is my veterinarian’s role?
- Your primary care veterinarian is an integral part of your pet’s cardiac care and receive a report of your pet’s cardiac evaluation the same day your visit occurs.
- CVCA works together with you and your doctor to form a team to care for your pet.
- Our goals are to delay or prevent congestive heart failure thus avoiding stressful emergency room visits.
- After your visit, we are available to you and to your veterinarian 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for follow up communication.
- At CVCA, we are passionate about your pet’s well being and the human-animal bond. For more information about heart murmurs in dogs, or help with diagnosing your pet give us a call today!
Sign-up today for the CVCA email newsletter.
©2023, CVCA - Cardiac Care for Pets. All Rights Reserved.