RSVP for the CVCA Cocktail Reception at ACVIM
Come learn more!
Katie Newbold, CEO
Denise Kessler, Marketing Director
CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets has grown by welcoming wonderful people and opening locations where they want to live. We are excited to continue to bring our people-centered practice to new areas.
Let’s explore opportunities together! CVCA provides an excellent work environment for cardiologists and support staff. We put our people first. Be successful at work, have fun and maintain an outstanding quality of life.
Our large single specialty model means we can provide the best support to you as a clinician and as an individual. This is how we do it:
- Compassion and Respect: our team members and cardiologists make us great, and we know it!
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation
- Excellent Retention: residents, cardiologists, technical and administrative team.
- Outstanding Reputation: 99.9% of clients would recommend us to friends and family.
- Independently Owned: we are run by and for our team. Your voice, opinions, and ideas are of utmost importance in our continued improvement.
- 4-day or fewer work weeks with weekends and holidays off.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Infrequent on call (phone support only) – max of 2 weeks per year!
- Ample vacation time and coverage so you can truly be gone and relax!
Personal and Professional Support
- Diverse practice with cardiologists from varying backgrounds.
- Personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Strength in numbers – over 21,000 visits/year, 18 cardiologists, 6 residents and 14 locations.
- Collaboration with residents, other cardiologists, specialists, and primary care veterinarians.
- Ability to be involved in interventional procedures if you want, or not, if you don’t.
- Ability to train residents for those interested.
- State-of-the-art equipment, systems, and processes selected by our cardiologists to fit their needs.
Compensation and Benefits
- High production base salary, production compensation – well above industry!
- Generous and competitive signing/relocation bonus.
- Great benefits: Health, HRA, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability, 401K, Life Insurance, CE, Professional Allowance and more!
Nationwide Opportunities for Board-Certified or Board-Eligible Cardiologists
CVCA is expanding our team of cardiologists to new markets throughout the U.S. We are bringing our exceptional work environment and high level of cardiac care to new regions. We have immediate openings in:
- Montgomery County, MD
- Fairfax County, VA
- Austin, TX
- and wherever you want to be!
Don’t see your desired location listed? Contact us for other nationwide opportunities. We seek individuals who deliver exceptional medical care and service who desire to be a part of a values-driven organization with an outstanding culture. Our national expansion is people driven and we are happy to match the right person with the right location.
Who We Are
From our humble beginnings as a single location in a strip mall in 1987, our dedication to a high level of care and service has allowed us to grow into the nation’s largest veterinary cardiology group with 18 board-certified cardiologists and six residents in 14 locations.
We pride ourselves in ensuring an excellent quality of life for all team members. We work every day to maintain our exceptional reputation nationwide. We are independently owned – meaning you work directly with ownership and the senior management team. We work with each doctor to ensure their success, encourage collaboration and seek new ideas to improve the company.
Culture and Work Environment
Our culture is unsurpassed in the veterinary industry. Every member of CVCA is committed to offering optimal patient care and superior service to our referring veterinarians and associated departments. Our focus – excellence, continuous improvement, and fun.
CVCA is a values-driven organization committed to an exceptional work environment with all team members dedicated to personal and organizational development. Our doctors enjoy 4-day or less work weeks, ample vacation time, and shared on call to minimize disruptions in personal activities. We have excellent retention of cardiologists, residents, technical and the administrative team throughout our long history.
Collaborative, Expert Care
Our group of 18 board-certified cardiologists and 6 residents, allows for a team approach to complicated cases and ample time off to support interests outside of veterinary medicine.
CVCA is an ACVIM approved residency training program. We strive to maintain academic standards with weekly journal and case rounds as well as didactic instruction of our residents.
All 14 CVCA sites are located within a multidisciplinary specialty and emergency practices, allowing for collaborative and optimal care of patients with the support of board-certified criticalists, oncologists, internists, surgeons, neurologists, and ophthalmologists among other specialists. The expertise of our cardiologists is supported by Philips Epiq 5 echocardiography units, cath lab, and digital radiography.
Relationships with Referral Community and Clients
With a 30+ year of history of strong partnerships with primary care veterinarians, CVCA enjoys an exceptional culture of referral. Our clientele is committed to offering the highest level of care to their pets.
CVCA actively contributes to our communities through educational programs, volunteer efforts, and support of local organizations. Our leadership and marketing teams partner with each doctor to ensure their success.
Come learn more!
We would love to speak with you more about CVCA. And, we would like to have you out for a visit to the practices as well. Confidentiality is assured. To learn more, please contact:
Katie Newbold, CEO
Follow us on social media @cvcavets
Required Skills and Qualifications
- DVM/VMD or equivalent degree.
- Residency trained in veterinary cardiology with board eligibility or certification.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to form and maintain strong collaborative relationships with referring. veterinarians and specialists.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Ability to work well within a team.