“From a resident’s standpoint, I like that with all of our doctors involved, I have such a wealth of knowledge and experience available, which creates a diverse learning environment. Having a mentor is good for consistency, but also experiencing the different styles and opinions of the other doctors really helps with the process as a whole, and has helped me to be incredibly successful.” CVCA Resident Testimonial
ACVIM Approved Residency Program
At CVCA, we are committed to providing a residency training program that supports our residents academically, personally and professionally.
The mission of CVCA’s residency program – mentor residents to function as highly competent clinical cardiologists who provide the highest level of service and compassionate care to their parents, clients and referring veterinarians.
It is also our goal for cardiologists graduating from our program to become leaders in the veterinary community. With CVCA’s support, at the completion of the residency, the trainee will have the framework to successfully complete all requirements for board certification by the ACVIM specialty of cardiology.
Established Residency Program
Founded in 1995, our program has an excellent track record of residents passing both exams on the first round and staying with CVCA long-term.
CVCA Offers Residents
- Supportive mentorship by the primary mentor as well as exposure to the many practice style of cardiologists at CVCA.
- Support for research.
- Research/reading days and ample study time.
- Weekly journal club/ECG/case rounds with all doctors.
- Book review, topic and exam prep lectures.
- Personal and professional development support and opportunities.
- Pediatric hospital rounds.
- State-of-the-art equipment, systems, and processes selected by our cardiologists to fit their needs.
- Strength in numbers: 24,000 patients per year, 19 cardiologists, 8 residents and 14 locations.
- CVCA sites are located within a multidisciplinary specialty and emergency practices, board-certified criticalists, oncologists, internists, surgeons, neurologists and ophthalmologists among other specialties, allowing for the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and opportunities for out rotations.
Compensation and Benefits
- Weekends and holidays off.
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Upcoming Interview Timeframes
- 2021 position interviews will take place in the fall of 2020.
Interested, please contact:
- Katie (Newbold) Brooks, LVT, CVPM, CEO
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 703-283-3650